Beyond the buzz with Dynamics 365
Dynamics 365 is about more than creating apps and automating processes. “Many technologies that generate a lot of buzz, like AR, VR, IoT, and machine learning are already incorporated into Dynamics 365 today. The challenge for businesses is when and how to use them to their full potential,” Niels says. Here are just a few examples:
- Dynamics 365 Remote Assist is a powerful AR solution that allows experts from anywhere in the world to provide remote assistance for maintenance, or when on-site visits are inadvisable, e.g. during a pandemic.
- Dynamics Guide provides an accelerated learning path for employees who need to build new skills. A virtual assistant guides employees via HoloLens on how exactly to execute their tasks.
- IoT capabilities are offered by Dynamics 365 as well, giving organisations accurate predictions of machine performance and downtime based on sensor data. This enables employees to schedule maintenance or service in advance. The platform can even predict what the impact of an intervention on the supply chain will be, and, ultimately, what that means for the customer.
- Dynamics Finance Insights enables finance departments to look well into the future with accurate predictions based on payment behavior, giving a clear view of what the cashflow will look like on a short and long term.
- Customer Voice supports service agents in their interactions with customers by listening to the conversation and proactively providing feedback to the agent to help him or her in providing quality customer service.
Taken together, all of the above serves to accomplish one overarching goal: to foster a culture of innovation. “The main purpose of the Dynamics 365 team at Delaware is to help companies unlock that potential to the fullest”, Niels concludes.
Interested in leveraging the innovation power of Dynamics 365 in your organisation?