Business applications for beacons
- Tracking & tracing: beacon signals can be received by smartphones, but are also compatible with small bracelets or beacons cards. This allows enterprises to track and trace both people and equipment in real-time.
- Positioning and navigation: beacons can pinpoint the exact locations of employees or visitors, allowing them to share their locations with other people or navigate to a specific location.
- Communication: beacons can play a major part in internal communications. Alerting someone when a visitor arrives or sending messages to colleagues in a particular area, for example, can greatly improve collaboration.
- Data collection: beacons can give you insights about the number of people that pass a location each day, which areas are most or least popular, what the busiest hours are, etc. This data in turn allows you to make smart improvements to infrastructure, staff allocation, etc.
- Intelligent buildings: people may be forgetful, but beacons are not. Companies can deploy beacons to turn automated buildings into intelligent buildings.
The technology promises to evolve quickly, so businesses should begin by exploring the many possibilities beacons have to offer.
The applications listed above are still just tip of the iceberg. Beacons are simple and cheap devices, but with the right software, they open up a world of opportunities. Combined with IoT sensors, the scope widens even further.
Whether you’re aiming for operational excellence or improved customer experience, beacons can help. The technology promises to evolve rapidly, so in order to unlock future value, businesses should begin by exploring the many possibilities beacons have to offer.
How delaware can help
- Thanks to a thorough understanding of industries and corporate processes, delaware can assist you in defining beacon technology applications with realistic growth opportunities.
- delaware’s extensive track record as a systems integrator is a meaningful asset in building beacon applications on top of existing digital data and diverse communication infrastructures.
- We have both the scale and the expertise to set up experiments or implement beacon technology through actionable roadmaps.
- Our experience in a wide range of industries allows us to both inspire you and guide you through complex business transformations that go beyond beacons.