A world of opportunities
By making decisions based on data and insights, Industry 4.0 opens up a world of opportunities for manufacturing:
- Sensors help detect defects or abnormalities early on in the production process, making it possible to adjust settings quickly and change parameters to prevent these incidents in the future.
- Predictive maintenance of machines allows businesses to schedule downtime more efficiently and prevent incidents or breakdowns.
- Based on data and insights derived from manufacturing to delivery processes, the entire supply chain is managed much more efficiently.
- Worker health and safety improves, as data and incident analysis assists in identifying and preventing hazardous situations.
- Changes to production lines are simulated virtually before they are physically implemented to adequately assess impact and reduce the chance of errors.
- OEM manufacturers can provide a host of new services to clients – including predictive maintenance and quality control – by using sensor data.
- Energy consumption can be optimised using advanced analytics.
Turning data into value
In other words, the essence of Industry 4.0 is the use of data-derived insights to make better decisions and thus create business value. The whole process, from sensors to value, looks like this:
Many large companies are familiar with Industry 4.0, but SMEs are discovering the benefits as well.
The SME of the future
While a lot of big companies are already familiar with the applications and advantages of Industry 4.0, SMEs are starting to discover the benefits as well. To meet the demand for personalised products and services and to be able to compete with big players, SMEs must also embrace the logic of data and insights to steer processes. But the best is yet to come for them: companies like SAP and Microsoft are pushing forward to make Industry 4.0 attainable for players of all industries and sizes. delaware is more than happy to guide you.
How we can help you
- create awareness through workshops, business games and quick scans
- define improvement programs and offer vision, strategy and a roadmap
- execute transformation at your company
- build your business process architecture, monitor it, and train your people
Why choose delaware?
- We offer a structured approach
- We recombine business and technology
- We collaborate closely with your team
- We have 15 years of experience in business transformation in numerous industries