delaware is a fast-growing, global consulting company that delivers advanced solutions and services to organizations striving for a sustainable, competitive advantage. We have over 2150 professionals across 12 countries in 24 regional offices.
Working at delaware means working with professionals that are highly talented, who share a common commitment to innovation and creativity, and work together in a dynamic, stimulating, and rewarding environment.
We take care of our employees and customers, we are committed, entrepreneurial and respectful, and we do everything based on a positive team spirit. These also happen to be our core values. Read on if those are meaningful values to you too!
We offer a competitive salary package including full benefits.
delaware UK is in growth mode and we're looking for a Assistant Accountant that wants to be part of our growth. If you're looking for a company with a flat hierarchy, where everyone rolls up their sleeve and does what's needed for the team and the client, and what you do makes an impact, then this is the place for you.
Job Title & Summary
- Salary circa £25k to £30k plus 10% discretionary bonus
- Home based initially, then 2 to 3 days office based longer term
- Study support towards finance qualification if required
- Willing to consider part time (3 or 4 days) for the right candidate
- Reporting to the Finance Director
- Office is located 2 minutes’ walk from Bristol Temple Meads station
- Accounting for overheads including accruals, prepayments and provisions
- Balance sheet analysis, reconciliations and journals
- Employee expenses second approval, review and ensure correct treatment of VAT
- Review and authorisation of bank payments plus cover
- Preparation of quarterly VAT return
- Assist with year-end audit
- Working with group reporting function
- Provide cover for other finance team roles as required
- Flexible approach to other ad hoc requests
Do you have what it takes?
- High attention to detail, accurate, organised and takes pride in work
- Hands on – willing to get involved in transaction detail
- Analytical and highly numerate (ideally A level maths or equivalent)
- Excellent IT skills – advanced excel (vlookups, sumifs, pivots etc.)
- SAP experience desirable but not prerequisite
- Able to adapt to changing environment
- Keen to progress and take on responsibility
Want to discover more?
You can find out more about us on our website and blog. You can get a sense of what it’s like to work for us here, but we’re even nicer in real life.
Are you keen to help us, Click the Apply Now button below.
Is there anything that we forgot to tell you? Do you have questions about this vacancy or in general? Please feel free to contact us by e-mail email@example.com We really want to hear from you.